Principles of Canada’s Personal Information Protection and Electronics Document Act
Canada’s Personal Information Protection and Electronics Document Act is in place to guide businesses in the proper use, collection, and protection of personal information, and to assure individuals that their personal information collected by organizations is secure.
The ten guiding principles of the PIPEDA
- Accountability – our responsibility to adhere to this policy
- Identifying Purposes – how we use information that is collected
- Consent – the understanding and permission to use information
- Limiting Collection – only obtaining information which is necessary to carry out outlined organizational activities
- Limiting Use, Disclosure, and Retention – protecting information from third party use
- Accuracy – minimizing the possibility of incorrect information
- Safeguards – protecting data from misuse, theft, and loss
- Openness – the availability of this policy and open contact with our organization
- Individual Access – granting access to an individual’s data upon request for review, update, or deletion
- Challenging Compliance – our formal Complaint Policy
Use of Information
Through our marketing and customer loyalty efforts, NGAGE may ask for your name, mailing address, email address, and other personal information. This type of data is collected to allow participation in promotions and contests, facilitation of special offers, and to enable our organization to tailor programs to best suit consumer preferences.
Sharing of Information
NGAGE will not sell, rent, or trade personal information collected to third party agencies, and will not transfer data collected for use outside of its original application. NGAGE does reserve the right to cooperate with Municipal, Provincial, and Federal government agencies to identify individuals who misuse our website and other applications for fraudulent or illegal activities.
How We Protect Your Privacy Online
NGAGE has technical security measures in place to protect personal information and data against misuse, theft, and loss. Security of personal information transferred over the internet cannot be guaranteed absolutely; NGAGE, and all partners and agents, do not represent, warrant or guarantee that personal information will be protected against misuse, loss or alterations and do not accept any liability for personal information submitted to them, nor for your or third parties’ use or misuse of personal information.
Updating Your Information & Request for Removal
By contacting NGAGE, you will be able to have access to your personal information at any time to review or update the data you have shared with as, and may delete any of the personal data you have shared with us. You may contact our customer service team at email@example.com with requests.
Our Complaint Policy
Official complaints should be issued in writing to NGAGE, outlining specific details so we may fully investigate the situation in claim. It is our policy to examine each issue and provide a response to the complainant within a 30 day period. In certain circumstances, additional information may be required to complete a full investigation. NGAGE is committed to the efficiency and legitimacy of this process.
NGAGE Sports and Entertainment Management Corporation
135 Fifth Ave, Suite 400
New York, NY